On March 16th MODERATE and DigiBUILD project organised their first joint webinar, hosted by BUILDUP:
“Data-driven innovations for monitoring the performance of buildings”
Both of these projects are dedicated to utilizing data-driven solutions to convert raw building data into valuable insights and enhancing the connectivity between datasets. The webinar focused on showcasing both initiatives and delivering an overview of their innovative solutions.
Stavros Stamatoukos from CINEA introduced the Horizon Europe call “Need for advanced data-driven monitoring of building stock” at the beginning of the webinar.
Following that, the MODERATE project was introduced by Cristian Pozza, MODERATE Coordinator & Senior Researcher at the Institute for Renewable Energy at EURAC research, Philipp Mascherbauer, Research Associate at Vienna University of Technology, and Daniele Antonucci, Senior Researcher at the Institute for Renewable Energy at EURAC research. They discussed data sharing through synthesization techniques, optimizing building performance with data-driven services, and the MODERATE platform.
After that, Diego Arnone, DigiBUILD Project Coordinator & Senior Researcher at Ingegneria Informatica, presented the DigiBUILD project. Gian Marco Revel, Professor at Università Politecnica delle Marche, Susana Martín, Head of the Energy Efficiency Area at CARTIF, and Elissaios Sarmas, Research Associate at National Technical University of Athens, then discussed the use-cases, technical requirements, and AI-based data-driven services for the built environment.
Following the project presentations, there were roundtable discussions moderated by Jasper Vermaut, EU Policy & Project Officer, and representatives from related projects, including BEYOND, BIGG, BuiltHUB, and MATRYCS.
You can check out the recording of the webinar below:
11:00 – 11:05: Welcome & introduction agenda –BUILD UP & REHVA
11:05 – 11:15: Horizon Europe call “Need for advanced data-driven monitoring of building stock”- CINEA
11:15 – 11:50: Presenting MODERATE:
- MODERATE: In a nutshell – Cristian Pozza, MODERATE Coordinator & Senior Researcher, Institute for Renewable Energy – EURAC
- Bridging the gap: Enabling secure and effective data sharing through synthetisation techniques – Philipp Mascherbauer, Researcher Associate, Vienna University of Technology
- Optimising building performance with data-driven services: The MODERATE platform – Daniele Antonucci, Senior Researcher, Institute for Renewable Energy – EURAC
11:50 – 12:25: Presenting DigiBUILD
- Introduction to the DigiBUILD project – Diego Arnone, DigiBUILD Project Coordinator & Senior Researcher, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
- DigiBUILD use-cases and technical requirements for smart energy services – Gian Marco Revel, Professor, Università Politecnica delle Marche
- Developing an open, federated and enriched Data Lake for building data – Susana Martín, Head of the Energy Efficiency Area, CARTIF
- A toolbox of AI-based data-driven services for the built environment – Elissaios Sarmas, Research Associate, National Technical University of Athens
12:25 – 13:00: Roundtable discussion with related projects.